Skip to content
- The 1970s in Black & White – photography gallery.
- The Sitcom – online companion for the forthcoming book, The Sitcom.
- Laugh Logger – an app for the statistical analysis of laugh tracks television (a fork of Shot Logger).
- Shot Logger – an app for the statistical analysis of editing in film and television.
- TVStyleBook.com – online companion for the book, Television Style.
- MediaCommons – a platform for scholarly discourse about media.
- ScreenLex: A Pronunciation Guide for Film/TV Studies – learn to speak like a true film nerd.
- Screenpedia – a wiki site for film and television studies classes.
- TVCrit.com – online companion for the textbook, Television: Visual Storytelling and Screen Culture, formerly, Television: Critical Methods and Applications.
- ScreenSite.org – supporting film/TV studies. Founded 1994, completely renovated in 2003, 2006 and 2011.
- Screen-L – an e-mail discussion list for film/TV educators and students. Founded 1991.
- Crappy Software – a blog for rants about software that is, shall we say, substandard.
- ScreenChat – real-time chat.
- ScreenBoard – Usenet-style newsgroups.
- Telecommunication and Film Department Website (merged into the Department of Journalism and Creative Media Website)
- The Internet Folk Radio List – database of folk and acoustic radio programs from around the world. Deprecated.
- FilmAlert – announcements of indie/international films in town.
- Tuscaloosa Contra Dancers. Deprecated.
- Internet-based seminar in American cinema
- Pilot project with the University of Wollongong (Australia)
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies Web Site – co-founder and former system administrator
- SCMS-L – original email distribution system for SCMS
- UFVA-L – original email distribution system for the University Film and Video Association
- Cripes! A Humor ‘Zine – humorous (he hopes) essays by Jeremy and Brent Davis.
- UAWebs – an e-mail discussion list for Webmasters at the University of Alabama. Deprecated.
- The Jeremy Butler Vanity Page – like it says…
- PoV Bulletin Board System – dial-up BBS (1990-1996)
- TeacherCam – a Webcam of a professor at work. Deprecated.
Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL, Tuscaloosa / Muscle Shoals / Selma / Mobile), producer and host, “All Things Acoustic“–streaming live Fridays at 8pm Central, 1993-
- KXCI, Tucson, Arizona, substitute host, “Acoustic Alternative”.
- WVUA-FM, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, announcer, 1983-1988, 1992.
- WNUR-FM, Evanston, Illinois, announcer, 1976-1978.
WBRU-FM, 1972-1976; and WBRU-AM, Providence, Rhode Island; FM music director, 1975-1976; FM production director, 1976; FM announcer, 1973-1976; AM program director, 1974-1975; AM announcer, 1972-1973.
- Minecraft tutorials, basic how-to guides for the popular video game, screen captures, some made in collaboration with Ian Butler, 2011.
- Producer, director, cinematographer, Elevator Doors, super-8 film, 3 min., 1982, Click to view.
- Producer, director, cinematographer, Tuscaloosa: It’s Unique, super-8 film, 13 min., 1981. Click to view.
- Producer, director, cinematographer, Film Fundamentals, super-8 film, 7 min., 1980.
- Co-producer, co-director, co-cinematographer, co-sound (with Lilly Boruszkowski), Washday, 16 mm film, 25 min., 1979.
- Producer, director, cinematographer, sound, Hommage Kit, 16 mm film, 8 min., 1978.
- Producer, director, cinematographer, sound, Intro to Film History and Criticism, 16 mm film, 10 min, 1978.
- Producer, director, cinematographer, sound, Threshold of Boredom, 16 mm, 7 min., sound, 1977.
- UA Film Society (faculty advisor, 2004-2008)
- Bama Theater, Tuscaloosa, Alabama (Programming consultant, 1999-).
- Sandburg Theater, Chicago, Illinois (Programming consultant, l979-1980).
- Devon Theater, Chicago, Illinois (Manager, 1979).
- Carnegie Hall Cinema, New York, New York (Manager, 1978).
- Film Societies: Brown University (1973-76), Northwestern University (1976-80), The University of Alabama (1980-88)
Video & DVD Production
- Producer, co-director, Television: Critical Methods and Applications, companion DVD for the textbook. Produced at the Faculty Resource Center, The University of Alabama, 2003.
- Co-producer, co-director, scriptwriter, Man with a Video Camera, 33 min., produced at University Television Services, The University of Alabama, 1983.